Our monthly newsletter provide you with a range of timely and topical information written by Tolley's leading experts that have been designed to allow you to stay up-to-date in a quick and efficient way, in the areas most relevant to you.
Tolley Knowledge Centre is an essential resource for accountants and tax specialists looking for topical tax intelligence and learning materials. Browse our free resources, produced by our industry-leading experts.
Corporation Tax | Employment Tax | Owner Managed Business | Personal Tax | Trusts and Inheritance Tax | VAT
- Reminder of the five key employment tax changes for 2018There have been several changes to the tax legislation this year which affect employers and their employees. Employers need to be aware of these changes, a majority of which applied from April 2018 and here we provide a reminder of the five most important in the field of employment tax.09 August 2018
- Autumn Budget 2017Written by our expert team of tax writers, editors and technical team, Tolley's Autumn Budget coverage provides you with free in-depth analysis, practical guidance and commentary on the Budget, and its impact on you and your clients.23 November 2017
- Confessions of a tax adviserThere was the time I was asked to ring a lawyer to discuss a tax point arising on a sale of my client’s company. I was only after I had started the call, that I realised that I had no idea whether he was acting for my client or for the purchaser...15 July 2016
- Top 10 Budgets15 March 2016
- The ATT / CTA Tax PathwayThe Tax Pathway is a new route to membership of both the Association of Taxation Technicians and the Chartered Institute of Taxation and brings together the exceptional tax compliance knowledge delivered by the ATT qualification with the CTA, the gold standard of quality for tax professionals07 February 2015
- Statement of Cash FlowsStatement of Cash Flows sets out the information that is to be presented in a statement of cash flows and how to present it. There are various differences between Statement of Cash Flows and old UK GAAP, FRS 1 Cash Flow Statements. The most significant of these are highlighted in the text.12 December 2013
- Tolley’s Pension Taxation 2013-14For many years the United Kingdom has operated a system which encourages private pension provision through a system of tax reliefs. Tolley's Pension Taxation sets out how the pensions taxation system works and how that system fits into the UK system of taxation generally29 October 2013
- Tolley’s Income Tax 2013-14For 2013/14 onwards, all unincorporated businesses can deduct certain types of expenditure on a simplified flat rate basis in computing their taxable trading income. Detailed in-depth information on this change can be found in this brand new chapter from Tolley's Income Tax 2013-2014.29 October 2013
- Examining the 2013 Finance BillFinance Bill 2013 shows the two sides of the government’s tax policy – the desire to encourage investment and reward entrepreneurial activity, set against the need to ensure that taxpayers pay tax in line with government policy.29 October 2013
- 10 recent tax cases that matterThis selection provides summaries of 10 of the most important recent tax cases, taken from Tax Journal's weekly case summaries of the 'tax cases that matter'.29 October 2013