Our monthly newsletter provide you with a range of timely and topical information written by Tolley's leading experts that have been designed to allow you to stay up-to-date in a quick and efficient way, in the areas most relevant to you.
Tolley Knowledge Centre is an essential resource for accountants and tax specialists looking for topical tax intelligence and learning materials. Browse our free resources, produced by our industry-leading experts.
Corporation Tax | Employment Tax | Owner Managed Business | Personal Tax | Trusts and Inheritance Tax | VAT
- Autumn Budget 2017Written by our expert team of tax writers, editors and technical team, Tolley's Autumn Budget coverage provides you with free in-depth analysis, practical guidance and commentary on the Budget, and its impact on you and your clients.23 November 2017
- Statement of Cash FlowsStatement of Cash Flows sets out the information that is to be presented in a statement of cash flows and how to present it. There are various differences between Statement of Cash Flows and old UK GAAP, FRS 1 Cash Flow Statements. The most significant of these are highlighted in the text.28 September 2017
- Tolley’s Pension Taxation 2013-14For many years the United Kingdom has operated a system which encourages private pension provision through a system of tax reliefs. Tolley's Pension Taxation sets out how the pensions taxation system works and how that system fits into the UK system of taxation generally28 September 2017
- Tolley’s Income Tax 2013-14For 2013/14 onwards, all unincorporated businesses can deduct certain types of expenditure on a simplified flat rate basis in computing their taxable trading income. Detailed in-depth information on this change can be found in this brand new chapter from Tolley's Income Tax 2013-2014.28 September 2017
- Examining the 2013 Finance BillFinance Bill 2013 shows the two sides of the government’s tax policy – the desire to encourage investment and reward entrepreneurial activity, set against the need to ensure that taxpayers pay tax in line with government policy.28 September 2017
- 10 recent tax cases that matterThis selection provides summaries of 10 of the most important recent tax cases, taken from Tax Journal's weekly case summaries of the 'tax cases that matter'.28 September 2017
- Whillans's Worldwide Taxes 2013-14These chapter covers the tax regime of Germany and Australia and provides essential information for any adviser who needs to understand the tax implications of their clients' activities there.28 September 2017
- International Briefing for June 2013This month, the G8 summit at Lough Erne has been the focus of media attention and there were a number of commitments on taxation made by the leaders, mainly around transparency and information sharing.28 September 2017
- Tolley’s Value Added Tax 2013-14A selection of information has been taken from Tolley's Value Added Tax to provide you with overviews of major changes in VAT. Tolley's Value Added Tax offers a complete picture of VAT. It includes in-depth coverage of UK and EU legislation, HMRC material, case law and tribunal decisions28 September 2017
- Confessions of a tax adviserThere was the time I was asked to ring a lawyer to discuss a tax point arising on a sale of my client’s company. I was only after I had started the call, that I realised that I had no idea whether he was acting for my client or for the purchaser...15 July 2016