Our monthly newsletter provide you with a range of timely and topical information written by Tolley's leading experts that have been designed to allow you to stay up-to-date in a quick and efficient way, in the areas most relevant to you.
Tolley Knowledge Centre is an essential resource for accountants and tax specialists looking for topical tax intelligence and learning materials. Browse our free resources, produced by our industry-leading experts.
Corporation Tax | Employment Tax | Owner Managed Business | Personal Tax | Trusts and Inheritance Tax | VAT
- Reminder of the five key employment tax changes for 2018There have been several changes to the tax legislation this year which affect employers and their employees. Employers need to be aware of these changes, a majority of which applied from April 2018 and here we provide a reminder of the five most important in the field of employment tax.09 August 2018
- Are you ready for the GDPR?If you haven’t yet got to grips with the new GDPR provision then time is running out. The regulation comes into force on 25 May 2018 and has far-reaching implications for all businesses, large or small, in how they manage personal data.02 May 2018
- Spring Statement 2018 - Corporate tax and the digital economyThe Chancellor announced no immediate tax changes at the Spring Statement, as promised. However, a number of consultations and policy documents were released relating to taxation of the digital economy, certain reliefs for businesses, self-funded training costs and a number of indirect tax changes.14 March 2018
- Spring Statement 2018The Chancellor announced no immediate tax changes at the Spring Statement, as promised. However, a number of consultations and policy documents were released relating to taxation of the digital economy, certain reliefs for businesses, self-funded training costs and a number of indirect tax changes.14 March 2018
- Is the tax industry a good place for a woman to build a career?08 March 2018
- Draft Scottish Budget 201819This news item is a summary of the tax changes set out in the Draft Scottish Budget 2018/19 presented to Holyrood by the Cabinet Secretary for Finance, Derek Mackay, on Thursday 14 December 2017. The Budget will remain draft until it is voted upon and approved by the Scottish Parliament. The timetable for scrutiny of the draft budget has yet to be published.15 December 2017
- Autumn Budget 2017Written by our expert team of tax writers, editors and technical team, Tolley's Autumn Budget coverage provides you with free in-depth analysis, practical guidance and commentary on the Budget, and its impact on you and your clients.23 November 2017
- Tolley's Autumn Statement Analysis 201622 November 2017
- An Industry at Crossroads - what does the future hold for the tax profession?Tolley’s Industry Report delivers expert opinion and incisive commentary on the challenges affecting the tax and accountancy professionals now and in the future such as: Challenges facing the industry, Making Tax Digital, HMRC and tax avoidance, Diversifying and outsourcing services and The future of tax and the profession.08 September 2017
- 2016/17 Tax Returns which should be filed on paper to avoid errorsThe introduction of the savings nil rate and dividend nil rate from 2016/17 onwards complicated the existing income tax calculation because advisers had to re-learn the basics they thought they already knew, such as how to allocate the personal allowance and other deductions in the most tax efficient manner.07 July 2017