Our monthly newsletter provide you with a range of timely and topical information written by Tolley's leading experts that have been designed to allow you to stay up-to-date in a quick and efficient way, in the areas most relevant to you.
Tolley Knowledge Centre is an essential resource for accountants and tax specialists looking for topical tax intelligence and learning materials. Browse our free resources, produced by our industry-leading experts.
- Are you ready for the GDPR?If you haven’t yet got to grips with the new GDPR provision then time is running out. The regulation comes into force on 25 May 2018 and has far-reaching implications for all businesses, large or small, in how they manage personal data.02 May 2018
- Spring Statement 2018The Chancellor announced no immediate tax changes at the Spring Statement, as promised. However, a number of consultations and policy documents were released relating to taxation of the digital economy, certain reliefs for businesses, self-funded training costs and a number of indirect tax changes.14 March 2018
- Spring Statement 2018 - Corporate tax and the digital economyThe Chancellor announced no immediate tax changes at the Spring Statement, as promised. However, a number of consultations and policy documents were released relating to taxation of the digital economy, certain reliefs for businesses, self-funded training costs and a number of indirect tax changes.14 March 2018
- Is the tax industry a good place for a woman to build a career?08 March 2018
- Draft Scottish Budget 201819This news item is a summary of the tax changes set out in the Draft Scottish Budget 2018/19 presented to Holyrood by the Cabinet Secretary for Finance, Derek Mackay, on Thursday 14 December 2017. The Budget will remain draft until it is voted upon and approved by the Scottish Parliament. The timetable for scrutiny of the draft budget has yet to be published.15 December 2017
- Autumn Budget 2017Written by our expert team of tax writers, editors and technical team, Tolley's Autumn Budget coverage provides you with free in-depth analysis, practical guidance and commentary on the Budget, and its impact on you and your clients.23 November 2017
- Tolley's Autumn Statement Analysis 201622 November 2017
- Direct Recovery of DebtsFrom the date of Royal Assent to Finance (No 2) Bill 2015, HMRC will have the power to instruct banks and building societies to deduct amounts to settle a person's tax debts directly from their accounts. TolleyGuidance has produced a guidance note on direct recovery of debt which provides details of how the process will work, including how the taxpayer can make an objection to HMRC.02 October 2017
- ATT Memory Jogger - Corporate TaxThe Memory Joggers contain short bullet point summaries of the tax (and accounting where applicable) topics within ATT Paper 402 October 2017
- The view from HMRC’s Solicitor’s Office[HMRC takes a great pride in its 80% success rate in tax avoidance cases before the tribunals and courts. Here, HMRC’s general counsel and solicitor Gill Aitken talks about HMRC’s approach to tax litigation in an exclusive Q&A with Tax Journal.]02 October 2017