Owner - manager of Tax & Accountancy Training Ltd
A tutor with over 13yrs experience in professional exam-based education, with a proven background of success, both within the classroom and managing key client relationships. Since 2009, I have operated as a freelance tutor, covering a variety of professional qualifications, and began working with Tolley Exam training for who I exclusively teach the CTA & ATT qualifications.
I qualified with BDO Stoy Hayward (1998-2001) having gained nearly 4yrs experience within their Owner-Managed Business department.
- ACCA & CTA (both first time passes)
RELEVANT TUTORING EXPERIANCE
BPP Southampton Ltd (since subsumed within BPP Holdings)
Director of Chartered Courses - 2001-2007
- Development of Chartered courses (CTA/ATT in 2002 and ICAEW in 2004) from a nil base, to making both qualifications profitable based on strong trainee numbers
- Consistently maintained teaching grades significantly above the national average for papers taught
- Subject manager for ICAEW Advanced Stage – responsible for production of all BPP classroom materials for the Tax elements of both the Business Reporting, and Business Change papers
BPP Professional Education
Tax Corporate Relations - July 2007- March 2010
- Part of the team that pitched for (and won) the KPMG Tax Business School contract in 2008, and subsequently headed up the national account team
- Responsible for managing both the EY and Deloitte Tax accounts
- Key client tutor resource (including; NAO graduates. NHS graduates, KPMG and Deloitte intensive courses)
- Regular presenter at the CIOT/ATT student conference
April 2010 to present
Largely a blend of exam based training and CPD across all major accountancy and tax qualifications, with a focus on tax and management accounting papers.
Products this person contributes to