Terms and Conditions
Prize Draw Rules
- This prize draw is organised by RELX (UK) Limited trading as LexisNexis, company number 2746621, whose registered office is at 1-3 Strand, London WC2N 5JR (‘LexisNexis’ or ‘Provider’). The administration of this prize draw will be carried out at Lexis House, 30 Farringdon Street London, EC4A 4HH.
- No purchase is necessary to take part in this prize draw. Individuals contacted must either participate in the Tolley research product survey and provide an email address at https://restrategicpricing.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bKovNnuscwB2iWx or email email@example.com with the subject line “Tolley research product survey”.
- The prize draw will commence on 12 September 2018 and will close on 19 October 2018. The winners will be the first 100 entrants randomly selected from all entries correctly submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions. The prize is a £50 John Lewis voucher and there are 100 prizes available. You are only eligible to win one prize.
- Information provided by participants in registering for this competition will be used by LexisNexis for the purposes of this prize draw and for marketing purposes. If you do not wish us to use your information for marketing purposes, please write to the Marketing Department at Lexis House, 30 Farringdon Street London, EC4A 4HH to inform us.
- Data Protection. "Data Protection Laws" means all data protection laws and regulations, including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) ("GDPR") from May 25, 2018, and any implementing, derivative or related legislation, rule or regulation of the European Union ("Union"), a Union member state ("Member State"), or the United Kingdom ("UK"), applicable to the processing of personal data under the Agreement.
- The lowercase terms "controller", "data subject", "personal data", "personal data breach", "processing", and "processor" will have the meanings ascribed to them in the Data Protection Laws, and where the relevant Data Protection Laws use the term 'personal information', 'data controller' or 'data processor', they shall be read as personal data, controller and processor, respectively.
- You recognise that, in the process of entering the prize draw you will be required to supply personal data.
- To the extent that we act as a processor of personal data on your behalf, we will process such personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Laws and the Data Processing Addendum available at http://www.lexisnexis.co.uk/en-uk/processor-terms.page.
- Provider’s decision concerning the determination of the winners will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winning participants will be notified by email before the prizes are dispatched. Prizes will be dispatched to the firm address of the winning participants within six weeks from the date of the prize draw.
- If a winning participant does not confirm acceptance of the prize within 14 days, they will automatically forego the rights to claim for the prize.
- There will be no cash or other alternatives to the prizes.
- In the event of circumstances arising outside of LexisNexis control, LexisNexis reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change the competition or any terms and conditions applicable to the prize draw at any time, without having to give reasons for its decision and without incurring any liability as a result; in addition, LexisNexis reserves the right to change, suspend or cancel the competition.
- Entries which are incomplete, misspelt, inaudible, or incomprehensible are void and will not be entered into this promotion. Employees, directors, and agents of the Provider and their immediate families are ineligible to enter this prize draw.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, LexisNexis shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting in any way from (a) any errors or omissions, technical malfunction of any participant’s telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, or failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, (b) the unavailability or interruption of the prize draw, (c) an participant’s use or misuse of the prize draw or software relating to (regardless of whether you received any assistance from LexisNexis in using or misusing the prize draw or software relating to), (d) any delay or failure in performance beyond the reasonable control of LexisNexis, or (e) any negligence of LexisNexis or its employees, contractors or agents in connection with the performance of our obligations under this agreement.
- LexisNexis shall not be liable to perform any of its obligations under the competition or in respect of the prizes where it is unable to do so as a result of circumstances beyond its control and shall not be liable to compensate you in such circumstances. This prize draw, and these terms and conditions, and any non-contractual obligations arising out of them, are governed by English law. By entering, you irrevocably agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales to settle any disputes or claims arising out of the prize draw or these terms and conditions (including non-contractual disputes or claims).