Booking Terms & Conditions
Booking more than 5 seminars is viewed as an annual subscription to our service. Towards the end of your subscription you will be invited to renew for the following year by a specified date, if you wish to continue your subscription you don’t have to do anything as we will renew your subscription and send you the invoice from which point you will be subscribing to the following year. If you do not wish to subscribe to the following year then you must inform us, by the specified date, in writing to CPD Seminars, Halsbury House, 35 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1EL and we will end your access to the service. Please note that failure to respond to the invitation to renew will result in a subscription to the following year.
A refund of fees will be made only for cancellations received in writing, enclosing ALL CPD certificates issued, at least 30 days before the date of the first seminar in your subscription. No refunds will be made for cancellations received within 30 days of the first seminar in your subscription and failure to attend after confirming a booking will be subject to the same terms. In the event of a seminar being cancelled through no fault of Reed Elsevier (UK) Limited, compensation will be limited to the refund of the individual pro-rata seminar fee. No discussion will be entered into
regarding compensation for lost time and related expenses.
In the event of a seminar being rescheduled at anytime, no discussion will be entered into regarding refund of seminar fees, lost time and related expenses. All seminars in your subscription must be used by the end of the calendar year and no refund will be given for unused places. No places can be carried-over to the following year.
If you wish to transfer a seminar place to an alternative venue (subject to availability) please notify us in writing or by emailing email@example.com at least five working days in advance of the seminar. Your seminar places must be used within your subscription year.
All our venues have suitable access facilities. Should you have any specific requirements please call 020 3364 4480.
Changes to the Programme
- Tolley reserves the right to make changes to the programme, in exceptional circumstances, without prior notice.
- This Programme is correct at the time of going to press. However we reserve the right to alter or cancel the Programme or seminars due to circumstances beyond our control.
• Tolley cannot be held liable for the loss of any personal belongings taken to
events by delegates.
- The content of our seminars is intended for general guidance only and not as a substitute for professional advice relating to particular circumstances.
- Tolley exclude, to the extent permitted by law, any liability for loss or damage suffered as a result of reliance on any advice given in these seminars.
- The views expressed by the lecturers are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of Tolley.
Tolley® is a trading name of Reed Elsevier (UK) Limited.
CPD Seminars 2013 Prize Draw – terms and conditions
To mark the launch of the 2013 programme we are also giving you the chance to win an Apple iPad and one module of your choice to TolleyGuidance. To enter you just need to sign up to a full programme of 10 CPD Seminars before February 28th 2013 and you will automatically be entered into the prize draw.** There will also be an additional three prizes of a module of TolleyGuidance of your choice.
**Subject to terms and conditions below
- This prize draw is open to new and existing CPD Seminars customers, excluding employees of Reed Elsevier (UK) Limited, trading as LexisNexis (“LN”), its parent company, Reed Elsevier plc or any of their subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. LN reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. LN may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and the prize may be withheld until and unless LN is satisfied with the verification.
- Multiple entries per person are allowed.
- To enter, sign up to a full programme of 10 CPD Seminars 2013 at the price of £549 + VATvia the website, post, email or telephone and you will automatically be entered into the prize draw.
- The closing date for the Prize draw is 28 February 2013. Entries received after this date will not be entered into the Prize draw.
- The winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries received. Each winner will be notified within a reasonable time after the closing date or any subsequent draw by email. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn at LN's discretion.
- LN will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
- LN reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified prize become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
- LN accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, or other documents related to the prize(s).
- In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this Prize draw, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, LN reserves the right to end or suspend the Prize draw; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate available prizes by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
10. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
11. The winner may be required to participate in publicity connected with this Prize draw and it is a condition of entry that the winner agree to their name and country of residence being made publicly available if they win.
12. The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to Tolley CPD Seminars, Halsbury House, 35 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1EL, and marked with the name of the Prize draw.
13. Entrants' data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing this Prize draw, and for providing you with details about LN’s products and services.
14. LN's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. LN reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the Prize draw and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
16. This promotion is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. The promoter of this Prize draw is Reed Elsevier (UK) Limited, trading as LexisNexis.